Tuesday 28 February 2012

Day 59 - Concrete Star

I love this.

Every time I walk past this chunk of footpath I wonder about "Joe".

Who is he? How old is he now? Did he get in trouble for writing his name in the concrete? Why a star?

I was always the good girl as a child. I would never have had the guts to write my name in wet concrete. I'd have been too scared of getting caught and winding up in trouble.

My brother however was fearless.



I always loved that about Matt, he'd would just do whatever he was going to do and cop the consequences. He may have copped quite a few consequences, but he had some sensational adventures too.

For example, one summer he went swimming in the local pool display shop when he was about 7 or 8. Just waltzed in and started swimming. Did this for weeks until the manager decided the insurance risk was too great.

He used to disappear for hours with my cousins in nearby state forest. Fire trucks and angry motorbike riders were a couple of end results from those forays.

So good on you Joe, wherever you are. I hope that naughty spirit has transformed you into an adventurous man who lives life to the full.

No comments:

Post a Comment