Friday 4 May 2012

Happy Birthday Buddha

Brisbane hosts the world's biggest celebration of Buddha's birthday.

Overt the past few days I've watched the setup for the festival unfold outside my work window.

The parklands are beautiful anyway, but the glowing red lanterns snaking through the arbour and the red lights on the wheel look spectacular.









I love taking Mackenzie to the festival - she enjoys bathing Buddha and saying a prayer, but I think she really loves tasting different foods such as the fried mung bean pattie.

As I watched hundreds of school children wander around the festival, it struck me how very lucky we are to live in a country where children from state, religious or independent schools go to these festivals and no-one bats an eyelid.


No comments:

Post a Comment